Any subject. Any content. No barriers.

As an addition to our Women Rock platform, and as a socially responsible business, one of our focuses this year is to break down stigmas and to be more open and honest, so we asked our wonderful team to share stories of times in their lives where they have been ‘Rocked’.

Every month we will post a story in the hope to reach out to others in similar or challenging situations to let them know that they are not alone, we all have difficulties in our lives and our stories will tell you how we dealt with and overcame them or simply learned to live with them.

We all struggle. We all hurt. You are not alone.

WHAT’S ROCKED YOU?

Having a baby. I wasn’t prepared for the emotional and physical toll it would have on me. I struggled massively in the first year, especially in the first 6 months. I was terrified that I was getting PND and the guilt was unbearable as I had this gorgeous little boy but I felt so unhappy for chunks of time.

HOW DID YOU DEAL WITH IT?

I was lucky to have a big support network around me. I was very open with my NCT group and kept speaking to people about it. I enjoyed the small wins like getting out for a walk, seeing a friend, eating a meal in peace and that cute smile ?.

WHAT DID YOU LEARN?

I wasn’t alone and it was better to be open and cry if I needed to cry. I learned that I need a break sometimes, to re-charge however I still struggle to follow that lesson.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE OTHERS IN A SIMILAR SITUATION?

Reach out to other parents, it’s not spoken about enough but if you are open then others will be open with the problems that they are experiencing. Ask for help, there is a lot about. It WILL pass, one day you will just realise that you feel happy and content in your crazy new world.

A voice for diversity in Tech & Engineering <3

I: @womenrockbristol

T: @womenrockbrstl

LATEST WOMENROCK

A letter from Alicia
WOMENROCK02-05-2026
A letter from Alicia
Louise Patterson | Northumbrian Water Group
WOMENROCK25-06-2024
Louise Patterson | Northumbrian Water Group
Breaking The Stigma Around Bipolar | Kelly Morgans
WOMENROCK07-05-2024