San Fran Climate Week | Nath
Myself and Mike Hardwick were blessed to attend SF Climate Week in San Francisco last week and what an incredible experience it was. From the kick off at the hella’ vibey Southern Pacific Brewhouse in Mission right through, every event was in equal parts insightful and enjoyable.
Fair to say I’ll be heading back for SF Climate Week ’24!
Highlights for me…
- Enjoying Souvla with David Schurman at Perennial, a company we've been proud to support in the last 18 months.
- Going shoes off for a quirky Nature X Climate event in Hayes Valley (my now favourite neighbourhood in SF) and listening to Tessa Landon and many others talk about the challenges we face in carbon markets and how we might overcome them
- Meeting the charismatic Troy Carter from Earthshot Labs
- Attending Using Carbon Offsets with Confidence on Tuesday morning hosted by the engaging Steven Siger and his esteemed panel, including Donna Lee, Derik Broekhoff and Taylor Wright. This was another awesome discussion about Carbon Markets, a personal interest of mine!
- Meeting the bundle of energy that is Fay de Waal
- Talking climate hiring challenges with Heather O'Callaghan, Kylin Ellison, Brooke Self
- Having a tour of Stanford University courtesy of Alwin Hui – Thank you again 🙏
- Meeting the AWESOME team behind the event. Climatebase, take a bow! - Evan Hynes, Justin Hardin, Morgan Campbell, Marcella Muse. The very fact that y’all stood this event up in a matter of months is mind-blowing. So much kudos to you all 👏
We went to SF Climate Week with the intention to learn and to immerse ourselves in the ecosystem. We come back inspired, with minds full of climate comprehension and with a bunch of new, amazing climate warriors in our network.
Thank you to Climatebase and anyone involved in organizing SF Climate Week. See you next year!