The Boy With Two Hearts – An interview with Hamed Amiri

The Boy With Two Hearts – An interview with Hamed Amiri

Introducing you to Women Rock’s debut video interview with Hamed Amiri.

I was introduced to Hamed only a few months back and we instantly had a connection and it was obvious we shared a huge passion for inclusion and diversity. Whilst this interview goes into depth around that subject we also discuss so much more including his background and how he came to the UK in 2001 from Afghanistan, we talked about his amazing family, his career, his mistakes, his mentors and his inspiration. In this interview, we also discuss ‘The Boy With Two Hearts’ a book which Hamed has written and will be released in the summer. You can order Hamed’s book here.

We are also now thrilled to share the news that this story is now theatre-ready and will be the first production of Wales Millennium Centre’s re-opening season and the first Welsh refugee story brought to the stage. Tickets can be found here.

I wanted to post this heartwarming interview to share positivity, motivation and also another reason why we should be so proud of the NHS!

Thank you so much Hamed, you are truly amazing and this Women Rock interview is dedicated to your brother Hussain.

An interview by Alicia Teagle 

A voice for diversity in tech <3

I: @womenrockbristol

T: @womenrockbrstl

LATEST WOMENROCK

A letter from Alicia
WOMENROCK02-05-2026
A letter from Alicia
Louise Patterson | Northumbrian Water Group
WOMENROCK25-06-2024
Louise Patterson | Northumbrian Water Group
Breaking The Stigma Around Bipolar | Kelly Morgans